1. Booking conditions and payment
1.1 These Terms and Conditions shall come into effect on the date of signature of the Terms and Conditions by the Client.
1.2 The Client must provide at least two weeks' notice for bookings.
1.3 Bookings can be arranged outside of the notice stated in clause 1.1 at the sole discretion of Change Please.
1.4 Venue bookings shall be held provisionally for 24 hours following initial inquiry. After this time, Change Please reserves the right to release the provisional booking without notice to the Client.
1.5 A 50% Deposit on all bookings will be required to guarantee confirmation. The Deposit is set out above. This can be waived or varied at the discretion of Change Please.
1.6 All invoices shall be settled by the Client within thirty days of the invoice date.
1.7 VAT is not included and will be added at the current rate where applicable.
1.8 Payment of the Deposit for all events will be required seven (7) days before the event. The remainder of the Charges shall be payable by the Client no less than five (5) days before the event. All invoices shall be settled by the Client within thirty days of the invoice date and at all times in accordance with this clause 1.6..
1.9 If the Client fails to make any payment due to the Change Please by the due date for payment, then, without limiting any other remedies available to Change Please, the Client shall pay interest on the overdue sum from the due date until payment of the overdue sum, whether before or after judgment. Interest under this clause will accrue each day at 4% a year above the Bank of England's base rate from time to time, but at 4% a year for any period when that base rate is below 0%.
2. Additional costs
Change Please reserves the right to charge (in addition to the Charges and the Deposit) an additional fee for additional costs incurred during the Event, including but not limited to the following:
- The cleaning and, where necessary, the repair of the premises;
- The provision of additional Change Please staff and/or services prior to and/or during the event, for example equipment and technical assistance in the case of room hire only events; and
- Attendance of additional guests at the Event.
3. Health and safety
The Client agrees and accepts responsibility for abiding by all instructions, written or oral, given by Change Please to Client when on the premises of Timber Lodge, including all instructions relating to health and safety. Client confirms that it will make all meeting attendees aware of all such instructions provided to Client prior to commencement of Event. Client accepts all responsibility and liability for failure of attendee(s) to abide by Change Please instruction
4. Licence to Use
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, Change Please grants the Client a right for the Hire Period to enter and use the Venue for the Event in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Client acknowledges that:
- the Client shall have the right to enter and use the Venue as a licensee only and no relationship of a landlord and tenant is created between Change Please and Client; and
- Change Please retains control, possession and management of the Venue and the Client has no right to exclude Change Please from the Venue. Change Please reserves the right to enter the Venue at all times during the Hire Period, including to supply the Services.
- The Client agrees and undertakes:
- not to use the Venue other than for the Event;
- not to do or permit to be done anything on the Venue which is illegal or which may be or become a nuisance (whether actionable or not) to any other Clients or customers of Change Please, or any owner or occupier of neighbouring property;
- to comply (and ensure that its staff and agents comply) with these Terms and Conditions and any instructions or notices from Change Please, and use reasonable efforts to ensure that any guests or other persons present at the Event so comply;
- to permit Change Please to search all containers, bags, boxes and equipment coming into or leaving the Venue, including those brought onto the Venue by guests during the Hire Period;
- not to cause or permit to be caused any damage to the Venue, including any furnishings, equipment or fixtures at the Venue;
- not to smoke or permit smoking (including e-cigarettes) anywhere in the Venue;
- not to alter, move or interfere with any lighting, heating, power, cabling or other electrical fittings or appliances at the Venue, or install or use additional heating, power, cabling or other electronic fittings or appliances without the prior written consent of Change Please;
- to leave the Venue in a clean and tidy condition and to remove the Client’s decorations, displays and any other Client equipment from the Venue at the end of the Hire Period;
- to ensure that the guests behave in a responsible and safe manner at the Event, and the reserves the right to remove or request that the Client remove guests that do not do so from the Event and the Venue.
5. Liability and Insurance
- The Client shall be responsible for arranging their own insurance to cover any potential loss due to theft, damage, cancellation or postponement of the Event (howsoever caused).
- Where the Client is hiring electrical, computer, audio-visual or other equipment from Change Please, the Client will remain responsible for this equipment throughout the period of their use and/or occupation of Change Please facilities and beyond this unless a handover of the equipment is initiated by the Client, and between the Client and a responsible member of Change Please staff, prior to the Clients departure from the premises.
- It is jointly agreed that Change Please has the right to remove and dispose of any goods or articles remaining on the premises upon the expiry of the period of the Clients use and/or occupation of Change Please facilities without any liability whatsoever.
5.1 The Client will, during the period of hire of Change Please premises indemnify Change Please and make no claim upon Change Please for any bodily injury, property damage and nuisance caused by an occurrence upon or about Change Please premises in respect of the said Event hire unless such claim, loss or damage is caused by the negligence of Change Please, it’s employees, agents or subcontractors.
5.2 The Client will, during the period of Event hire, indemnify Change Please and make no claim upon Change please for any bodily injury sustained by an employee of the Client or any attendee of the Event or any other person brought onto the Venue by the Client caused by an occurrence upon or about Venue unless such claim, loss or damage is caused by the gross negligence of Change Please, it’s employees, agents or subcontractors.
5.3 Further to 5.1 a, it is recommended that the Client obtains insurance cover in respect of all risks which may be incurred by the Client, arising out of the Event. Change Please has obtained insurance cover in respect of its own legal liability. The exclusions and limits in this clause reflect the insurance cover Change Please has been able to arrange and the Client is responsible for making its own arrangements for any insurance cover for excess loss.
5.4 The restrictions on liability in this clause apply to every liability arising in connection with the event including liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution, deliberate fault or otherwise (subject to any liability which cannot legally be limited).
5.5 Subject to any liability which cannot legally be limited, Change Please shall not be liable for:
- the death of, or injury to, the Cleint or that of the Client’s employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agents, guests or invitees to the Venue;
- damage or theft of any property of the Client or that of the Client’s employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agents, guests or invitees to the Venue.
5.6 The following losses are specifically excluded:
- loss of profits
- loss of sales or business;
- loss of agreements or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
- loss of or damage to goodwill; and
- indirect or consequential loss.
6.1 It is agreed that no food or beverages may be brought onto the premises by the Client, its visitors or staff, or other persons for consumption upon the premises.
6.2 The Client may only use the name and picture of Change Please in any associated literature indicating where the Event is. The name must not be used in any manner which suggests that the Event is an official Change Please event, or which implies Change Please support or approval for the hirer. Change Please’ name and logo can only be published by the Client if it is used in promotional material for joint events between Change Please and the Client and if Change Please has given written permission to the Client to do so.
6.3 All trade/sponsors will need to be approved by Change Please and may incur an additional charge.
7.1 Change Please reserves the right to change the allocated meeting room with prior written notice to the Client. In all such cases the alternative meeting room shall be of a size and quality appropriate to the number of guests attending and the type of use required by the Client.
7.2 Change Please reserves the right to cancel any booking without notice, where these Terms and Conditions are not returned in signed formand/or where deposit payments are made within timeframes outlined in the contract and/or where the Client fails to pay any amount due under these Terms and Conditions, or as agreed between the Parties and/or where the Client commits any breach of the Terms and Conditions.
7.3 Change Please reserves the right to cancel any contract should any unforeseen circumstances prevent the use of the premises. Any deposit paid will be refunded in full.
7.4 The Client agrees to confirm, in writing, final required numbers of delegates, guests, faculty and staff attending, at least ten working days prior to the event. The Client will be charged for this number of attendees if final numbers have decreased.
7.5 Where there are any changes to the arrangements and figures agreed in writing between Change Please and the Client, Change Please will make every reasonable effort to fulfil the requirements, but no guarantee can be given. The Client must receive written confirmation from Change Please accepting these changes. A supplementary invoice will be raised to cover any changes. For any cancellations for arrangements made less than 48 hours prior to the meeting the full fee applies, and no refunds will be given.
7.6 All cancellations must be in writing and acknowledgement by Change Please must be received. The following charges will be promptly paid by the Client at Change Please’ first demand.
7.7 For cancellations made in writing and received:
- More than seven (7) days prior to the date of the event there will be a cancellation charge of 10% of the deposit.
- Within seven (7) days prior to the date of the event 50% on all agreed rates and requirements.
7.8 All rescheduled bookings must be in writing and acknowledgement by Change Please must be received seven (7) days prior to the date of the event. The following charges will be promptly paid by the Client at Change Please’ first demand.
7.9 For rescheduled bookings made in writing and received:
- More than seven (7) days prior to the date of the event the booking will be rescheduled to an available date, and no further fees will apply.
- forty-eight (48) hours prior to the event 50% on all agreed rates and requirements.
7.8 Change Please will give a minimum of three months’ notice to the organisation about any amendments to the contract.
8. Force Majeure and Cancellation as a result of COVID-19
Change Please shall not be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor shall it be liable for delay in performance, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions, if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control, including the COVID-19 pandemic. Change Please shall not be obliged to provide further reason for any such cancellation. Change Please will provide refunds for any payments made to Change Please unless costs have been incurred. Change Please shall have no other liability or obligation whatsoever to you arising from any such cancellation.
These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed
to the Timber Lodge Event Bookings team via email: Tlevents@changeplease.org or telephone: 07840971541